[one-users] tune 'onevm saveas' behavior for OpenVZ

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:50:27 PDT 2011

Dear OpenNebula developers,

I need some help to tune the behavior of 'onevm saveas' command in case
of OpenVZ  VMs.
The only change needs to be made in its current behavior is to archive a
root dir of particular OpenVZ VM and register that archive as a new OS
image in ONE image repository since OpenVZ VM filesystem is not a single
file but a directory on the host server (for more details see [1]).
I am not sure what file(s) needs to be modified: $ONE_LOCATION/bin/onevm
(771 - 836 lines) or/and $ONE_LOCATION/share/hooks/image.rb.
Could you, please, help me with the implementation of described
functionality since I have no experience in ruby programming?

For the time being I am using stable version of OpenNebula 2.2.1.
Please, let me know if more info needs to be provided.

Regards,
Nikolay.

[1] http://wiki.openvz.org/WP/What_are_containers