[one-users] oned failed to start | Please help

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 4 04:27:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

it seems something went wrong during the installation. You might want to try
out
apt-get purge opennebula
make sure all files are gone:
/etc/one
/var/lib/one
/var/run/one
/usr/lib/one
/var/log/one
and install from afresh.

Once you've finished installing, su' into the oneadmin user:
su - oneadmin
Now define ONE_AUTH and start manually OpenNebula by doing "one start".

After that the daemon will work.

Regards,
Jaime

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Arun Vadakepatenna Thekepat <
athekepat at sapient.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I have installed opennebula 2.2 release on Ubuntu 10.10 with .deb package
> using dpkg.
>
> But I am not able to start one neither as root nor as oneadmin.
>
> *oneadmin at ubuntu10:~$ one start*
> *Stale .lock detected. Erasing it.*
> *rm: remove write-protected regular empty file `/var/lock/one/one'? yes*
> *Could not open log file*
> *oned failed to start*
>
> *OR*
>

> *root at ubuntu10:~# one start*
> *Stale .lock detected. Erasing it.*
> *terminate called without an active exception*
> */usr/bin/one: line 98:  1879 Aborted                 $ONED -f 2>&1*
> *oned failed to start*
> *root at ubuntu10:~#*
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards,
> Arun.

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org