[one-users] onehost shows wrong memory info [Xen Node]

Łukasz Oleś lukaszoles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:14:13 PST 2011

On Monday 31 January 2011 17:33:49 anoop Lekshmanan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Opennebula-2.0.1 on Fedora 14 (FrontEnd) and CentOS 5.5 64
> bit with Xen (kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5xen) .
>
> I have total 8 GB RAM on node1 and around 6 GB is free. But onehost list
> shows only 383 M free.
>
> onehost list
>   ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM    FMEM
> STAT
>    0 node1_xen      default    0    400    399    400    7.9G    383M   on
>
> where free command on node1_xen gives:
> free -m
> Mem:          7483        670       6812          0         33        292

Opennebula to check free ram uses xm info, so it only shows RAM which was not
assigned to any domain(including dom0).  You have two options here:
- start dom0 with dom0_mem option. See
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

- rewrite ruby script xen.rb which checks free ram. On debian it's located in
/usr/lib/one/remotes/im/xen.d/xen.rb

Łukasz Oleś