[one-users] VMware Driver Addon installation

antoni artigues tartigues at iac3.eu
Thu Jan 27 02:14:42 PST 2011

Thanks for the answer.

Well, I'm not sure.

I'm searching information on the libvirt web site, here
http://www.libvirt.org/drvesx.html. It says:

None. Any out-of-the-box installation of VPX/ESX(i)/GSX should work. No
preparations are required on the server side, no libvirtd must be
installed on the ESX server. The driver uses version 2.5 of the remote,
SOAP based VMware Virtual Infrastructure API (VI API) to communicate
with the ESX server, like the VMware Virtual Infrastructure Client (VI
client) does. Since version 4.0 this API is called VMware vSphere API.

So, I think it's only mandatory to install the libvirt client on the
front-end. Anybody can confirm it?

Thanks in advance

regards

Antoni Artigues