[one-users] Configure VM template to gather offered IP

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Jan 20 02:22:31 PST 2011

Hi all,

There hasn't been any change in the contextualization process. Please check
the thread referenced in your email...

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Erico Augusto Cavalcanti Guedes <
eacg at cin.ufpe.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OpenNebula 2.0 works fine on contextualization of my VM template and my
> Ubuntu Server 9.10 Image.
> OpenNebula 2.0.1 do not.
>
> Previous list email, from Alexander Fedulov
> brings some lines about that possible problem with ONE 2.0.1.
>
> Thanks by valuable contribution.
>
> Erico.
>
> 2011/1/18 Stefan P <deubeulyou at gmail.com>
>

>> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Erico Augusto Cavalcanti Guedes <
>> eacg at cin.ufpe.br> wrote:
>>

>>> Opennebula friends, is that sequence correct?
>>> 1. OpenNebula generates a MAC, based on  MAC_PREFIX   = "02:00" from
>>> oned.conf;
>>> 2. This MAC is passed to VM image(here is the doubt: How?)
>>> 3. vmcontext.sh runs and configures IP based on generated MAC address.
>>>
>>> Steps 1 and 3 are working correctly, but step 2 not yet.
>>>
>>> So, how this link between opennebula and VM image is performed?
>>> How MAC is passed for VM?
>>>

>> Hey,
>>
>> I think the sequence is correct !
>>
>> In step 1, the MAC addr is generated based on the prefix you mention, and
>> of the IP affected (leased ?) to the
>> interface from the corresponding one 'vnet' pool.
>>
>> Step 2, the MAC(s) then simply get included in the deployment
>> configuration file generated by open nebula, and
>> used by your hypervisor (for instance xen domain config file, or libvirt
>> domain xml) - you can have a look at
>> 'deployment.0' files in your var/$VMID folders.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Stefan

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid