[one-users] Failure to launch Xen VM

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Tue Jan 18 12:49:54 PST 2011

Docs show that I need the "bootloader" option in the OS section.
Adding that got me past the error mentioned below.

Steve

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Steven Timm wrote:

> Is there a worked example somewhere of how to successfully launch
> a Xen VM in opennebula?
>
> Right now ONE copies the OS image and the other disks to
> my Xen host, tries to launch, but fails with the error
>
> Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [VMM][I]: Generating deployment file:
> /var/lib/one/249/deployment.0
> Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [VMM][E]: No kernel or bootloader defined and no
> default provided.
> Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [VMM][E]: deploy_action, error generating deployment
> file: /var/lib/one/249/deployment.0
> Tue Jan 18 13:18:33 2011 [DiM][I]: New VM state is FAILED
>
> ------------
>
> My OS image has a kernel-xen loaded in it but is otherwise
> the same format as the KVM images I have been using,
> i.e. it has a boot sector and one partition which is supposed to mount
> as /dev/sda1.
>
> As far as I can tell, I never got as far as trying to launch the
> Xen VM.
>
> Steve

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.