[one-users] adding Xen host to KVM cloud

Piotr Kandziora raveenpl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:43:54 PST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

>> Is a restart of oned necessary?  If so will I lose all the running
>> VM's on the cloud?
>>
>> Steve Timm
>>

> It turned out that a restart of oned was necessary and I did not
> lose all the running VM's in the cloud.
>
> Next question--if I have a working KVM OS image,
> can I just install a kernel-xen in it, save it, and then
> bring it up on the xen node?

If you are using HVM you do not have to change image (only xen
template). In case of PV you have to use kernel with domU support (of
course you need change also template).

 Also is there any way by
> using requirements field in the template to require the instance
> to launch on Xen? (I have defined a second cluster "xen" with
> the one node in it.)

In accordence with
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:cluster_guide you can use:
REQUIREMENTS = "CLUSTER = \"xen\""