[one-users] adding Xen host to KVM cloud

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu Jan 6 12:20:56 PST 2011

> Is a restart of oned necessary?  If so will I lose all the running
> VM's on the cloud?
>
> Steve Timm

It turned out that a restart of oned was necessary and I did not
lose all the running VM's in the cloud.

Next question--if I have a working KVM OS image,
can I just install a kernel-xen in it, save it, and then
bring it up on the xen node?  Also is there any way by
using requirements field in the template to require the instance
to launch on Xen? (I have defined a second cluster "xen" with
the one node in it.)

Steve

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.