[one-users] KVM hypervisor and Virt-Manager

Filippo Dalla Gassa pippo.dallagassa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 03:51:41 PST 2011

Hi,

I've seen that if in the deployment file I set <domain type="kvm">
(exactly what one sets) and then I manually create the vm via "virsh
create" I have problems assigning IP address and opening the vm via
virt-manager. But if I set <domain type="qemu"> and manually create the
vm all goes well: I can assign automatically IP address using the
vmcontext.sh script and I can open the vm with virt-manager...in other
words the vm works perfectly.

Any idea? Cause if I create a vm with one and not manually via virsh I
can't change the domain type, is it true?

Filippo Dalla Gassa