[one-users] EC2 API PROBABLY BUGS

Paolo Smiraglia paolo.smiraglia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:11:40 PST 2011

Hi! I discovered an AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM when using EC2 Tools
provided by OpenNebula.

On client-side, the HMAC algorithm used is "HmacSHA256" while the
passed parameter is "HmacSHA1" in

  $ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/cloud/econe/EC2QueryClient.rb:144

this causes an authentication failure.

I found another problem in the file

  $ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/cloud/econe/EC2QueryServer.rb

While the issue disappeared executing the tool

  econe-upload

it is still present in the tools

  econe-register
  econe-describe-images

This may be caused by the file

  $ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/cloud/econe/EC2QueryServer.rb

where, in the function "signature_version_2()" definition, the
variable "server_str" depends on the tool executed.

1. econe-upload

   server_str = FQDN

2. econe-register

   server_str = FQDN:PORT

I think the issue is caused by the missing parameter "Version" which
is not passed in last two utilities.

Best,

   PAOLO

--