[one-users] VM stays in SAVE_STOP state

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 15:49:19 PST 2011

Hi there,

I am having a problem with our OpenNebula installation.
After issuing the "onevm stop" command, the VM got into SAVE_STOP mode but nothing happened afterwards. The vm.log shows
> Tue Jan  4 18:02:20 2011 [LCM][I]: New VM state is SAVE_STOP
and nothing more.

On the host, I can confirm that the VM is still up and running since no action has really been taken on it.

I am wondering what I could do to get the system out of this awkward situation. I tried to rerun "onevm stop" again but was told "Error: Wrong state to perform action". I guess all I need to do is to set the status back to RUNNING and we should be able to run "onevm stop" again.
Any suggestions on how to do that?

PS. I also tried to restart one, but it didn't not make any difference.

Thanks.
Shi
--
Shi Jin, PhD