[one-users] storage OCCI API

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 02:25:35 PST 2011

We have an open issue [1] so we can implement network groups. That way
a network group can be specified and OpenNebula will select an free
lease from that pool.

Concerning the number of free leases in occi information I suppose it
can be implemented as an extension to the occi information provided.
Please, open a bug and will try to address it.

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/384

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 2:49 AM, John Dewey <john at dewey.ws> wrote:
> All -
>
> When creating a new compute instance, you must supply the
> network id and storage id.
>
> I was curious how you handle remaining leases in a vnet.
>
> When querying a specific network id, it does not tell you how many leases
> are left.  How do you determine which network id to use, if you have many
> possible /24s you can choose from?
>
> Am I missing something?  I cannot simply create a giant /16.  I have many
> /24 vnets, all of which I can provision.  How do I know when I am out of leases?
>
> Thanks -
> John

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher