[one-users] users and vnets

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 02:01:07 PST 2011

Users should be able to delete their own objects, that includes vnets
so there must me a problem here. Can you check that in the table
"network_pool" the network with id 220 has uid=3 (it seems that render
user is 3 from the provided messages)?

If that is not the case tell me the version on oned and if you are
using the external auth module so I can check the problem here.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Ruben Diez <rdiez at cesga.es> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I just have added a OpenNebula user. This user (render), have all the
> permissions:
>
> This user can create a vnet by using "onevnet create".
>

> $ onevnet create render_pru_localnet.net
>
> $ onevnet list
>  ID USER     NAME                   TYPE BRIDGE P #LEASES
> 220 render   render_pru_localnet  Ranged    br1 N       0
>
> But when the user attempts to delete this net, it not works:
>
> $ onevnet delete 220
> Error: [VirtualNetworkDelete] User [3] not authorized to perform DELETE on
> NET [220].
>
> How cat this user delete his own nets??
>
> The user seems to have all the permissions:
>
> mysql> select * from user_permissions where user_name='render';
> +-----------+----------------+
> | user_name | permissions_id |
> +-----------+----------------+
> | render    |              1 |
> | render    |              2 |
> | render    |              3 |
> | render    |              4 |
> | render    |              5 |
> | render    |              6 |
> | render    |              7 |
> | render    |              8 |
> | render    |              9 |
> | render    |             10 |
> | render    |             11 |
> | render    |             12 |
> | render    |             13 |
> | render    |             14 |
> | render    |             15 |
> | render    |             16 |

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher