[one-users] OpenNebula Cluster Awareness

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 03:18:37 PST 2011

Hi Group,
A simple question:

Say I'm using ESXi with one physical server. The server has 24G of
RAM, and 1T of hard disc space.
Now using Open Nebula I have provision to VMs, one with 10G as the
minimum size of ram , and one with 8G as the minimum size of ram. So
far 18G was used.
Now I want to provisioning a new VM with anther 10G of ram, but I
can't right - I only have 6G left.

So I want to join a new physical server with the same parameters as
the old one (The server has 24G of RAM, and 1T of hard disc space) to
my pool.

My question, does open nebula will know automatically to provisioning
the new VM (10G) on the new hardware?
If yes, what if I asked to make a new VM with 4G, will it used the
first hardware? or it will used the new one.....

Do I need to installed some opennebula client on ESXi servers?

Thanks
Sassy