[one-users] Incomplete information from hosts polling (VMWare ESXi 4.1 an OpenNebula 2.0.1)

Luigi Fortunati luigi.fortunati at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:02:13 PST 2011

Thanks Tino!
In contrast with what it's written on the documentation *it is possible* to
connect to the ESXi hypervisors machines via ssh and launch commands (but
only as root user). I noticed that on the ESXi 4.1 machines that we got
installed there is a nice program called esxtop which can also be executed
in batch mode. That command can output more of the informations that are
needed by opennebula to work and schedule VMs correctly. I believe that
maybe it's a good idea to rethink the IM Driver in order to gather
information about resource usage using esxtop instead of virsh commands.
With the latter I didn't find a command capable of retrieving the memory
usage of the hypervisor, which is 800 MB in my case.

--
Luigi Fortunati