[one-users] onevm create/deploy commands to send VMs to host of our choice (OpenNebula 2.0.1 and CentOS 5.5 with Xen)

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartins at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Feb 8 02:06:29 PST 2011

Hi Prakashan,

There are different options to control the placement of the VMs.

If you want to manually deploy them, you can hold the VMs (onevm hold <id>).
The scheduler won't place these machines, but you can still deploy them with
onevm deploy.
Or you could start only the OpenNebula daemon without the scheduler (take a
look at the 'one' start script, and comment the ONE_SCHEDULER part).

The other option is to use the REQUIREMENTS and RANK VM template attributes,
see [1].
The scheduler will read them, and place the VM accordingly. You can require
the VM to be deployed in a specific host or cluster; or modify the RANK
expression to set the hosts priority.

Regards,
Carlos.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template#placement_section

Carlos Martín, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org