[one-users] Dynamic firewall like Amazon

Rangababu Chakravarthula rbabu at hexagrid.com
Tue Feb 1 11:43:53 PST 2011

There was a post long back that talks about the same.
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2009-September/000864.html

specifically the following text

>* * additional firewall to open some specific ports like what EC2 is offering
*
This is quite interesting. With the hook system we can have this very
easily. We may just add the relevant information in the VM template
and pass it to a hook that would setup the iptables in the cluster
node.

As I said all the machinery to implement this policies is in place and
should only require a bit of scripting effort. This is in fact one of
the goals of 1.4.0. We'd glad to help you work on this...

Cheers

Ruben