[one-users] managing images

Daniel.MOLDOVAN at cs.utcluj.ro Daniel.MOLDOVAN at cs.utcluj.ro
Tue Feb 1 05:30:56 PST 2011

The valid values for target are : hda, sda, sdb, and so on.
1,2,3 are partitions on that disk. And yes, the disk in my case is a blank
disk created on the fly with fs disk type on which i have installed an OS
by booting the VM from a cdrom image and now I use it for my virtual
machines.

În Mar, Februarie 1, 2011 3:02 pm, anoop Lekshmanan a scris:
> Hi,
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> So Target can be any name like hda1 sda1 etc right?
>

> You mean  "virtualDiskFilePath" is a blank disk created on Node using dd
> command
>
> or is it the .img created uisng virt-install.
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop
>

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM, <Daniel.MOLDOVAN at cs.utcluj.ro> wrote:
>

>> Hy,
>> The target is the virtual target for the virtual disk. I have no used
>> the images repository until now and i am using KVM so i'm not entirely
>> sure what DISK types XEN supports . However, this might be useful so :
>> using an already existing virtual machine virtual disk i declare
>>
>> DISK   = [
>> type = disk, clone=no, size =4096, format = ext3, source=
>> "virtualDiskFilePath",
>> target   = hda, readonly = "no" ]
>> . Then, i have in the OS section
>> OS     = [
>> boot = hd, ROOT = hda
>> ]
>> Note that hda is just the target inside the virtual machine.
>>

>> And for booting a XEN kernel located on the Host computer, NOT in the
>> virtual machine, use OS     = [
>> boot = hd, ROOT = hda,
>> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-22-server", initrd =
>> "/boot/initrd.img-2.6.35-22-server",
>> ]
>> where "boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-22-server" should be replaced by the path to
>> your kernel and its name, as shown in
>> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template OS
>> section.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> În Mar, Februarie 1, 2011 1:16 pm, anoop Lekshmanan a scris:
>>
>>> Thanks Daniel.
>>>

>>> I have Xen installed and XenDom0 running on a node and I have
>>> successfully connected to the Node.
>>>
>>> ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM
>>> FMEM
>>> STAT
>>> 0 node-0                 default        0        400      395 400 7.9G
>>> 1024K  off
>>> 1 node1                  default        0        400      398     400