[one-users] cannot have two VNETs created by uid=0 on a single VM by another user

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 15:59:04 PST 2011

Hi there,

>From the documentation, it says
>  Virtual Networks created by oneadmin can be used by every other user.

I have created two vNETs, intranet-office and LAN-1, both created by the
oneadmin user (uid=0) and as the document says, any other user can use these
vnets, at least in my experience, one VNET per VM.

But I found that if another user wants to deploy a VM with two NICs, both
owned by uid=0, then we will get a permission error:
> Sat Feb 26 16:51:44 2011 [ReM][E]: [VirtualMachineAllocate] User [6] not
authorized to perform CREATE on VM Pool
If I publish any one of the VNET, the dual NIC setup would work again.

I think this is probably a bug, right?
--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.