[one-users] VMWare Server 2.0 and non-persistent images to minimize copy when deploying

Manish Sapariya manish at gslab.com
Wed Feb 23 04:39:53 PST 2011

Hi,
We have are using OpenNebula 1.4 using following kind of setup.
The non-persistent disk that I used in OpenNebula 1.4 is not
working in 2.0.

The reason it worked with 1.4 is that it copied the directory as
it is without looking into the directory. My .vmx file was modified
to had a link to non-persistent disk and hence the solution was working.

2.0 specifically copies the vmdk file and then creates a deployment
file. And hence my 1.4 solution is not working with 2.0.

My question is, can I tell opennebula to use specific image on
hypervisor, instead of making a copy of vmdk and using that as the
instance disk.

Thanks and Regards,
Manish