[one-users] PUT GET base64 encoded string contextualization mechanism

Mihajlo Mudrinic Mihajlo.Mudrinic at cern.ch
Wed Feb 23 03:12:20 PST 2011

Hello

I have working installation of OpenNebula small private cloud IaaS. Currently I am using

an ISO image as contextualization mechanism. OCCI-server and ECONE-server are working and

I have been testing occi-compute, occi-storage, occi-network and OpenNebula EC2 API.

I would like to use base64 encoded string contextualization mechanisms for user-data

1.) Could you post one example how to use flag -d in

econe-run-instances

--user-data, -d

Specifies Base64-encoded MIME user data to be made

available to the instance

2.) If I understood correctly the only way to access user data defined by econe-run-instances is over ISO context made by OpenNebula VM template?

3.) What I am looking for is to get Base64-encoded MIME user data from within VM using GET HTTP from sinatra (for example curl/PERL) and avoid using  ISO image as contextualization mechanism.

4.) I am looking now at OCCI Specification

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:occidd

context block in XMLSchema/occi contain

<CONTEXT>

<ATT>value</ATT>

<ANOTHER_ATT>another value</ANOTHER_ATT>

<ID>abc</ID>

</CONTEXT>

Could you post one example how to to create a compute using curl with a few simple attribute in context block and one liner curl how to read the same attribute from sinatra?