[one-users] hardcoded "/usr/bin/kvm"

Tiago Batista tiagosbatista at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 05:20:14 PST 2011

hello all!

I just received a new kvm node (running SL6). When I tried to run a
VM, the generated deployment file has a  hardcoded path for the
emulator. Given that the new rhel releases use a different path
(/usr/libexec/qemu-kvm), what is the solution?

For now, a workaround is creating the symlink as expected by
opennebula, but are there any plans to change this to a configurable
value? Is there a better solution?

The code in question lies on src/vmm/LibVirtDriverKVM.cc:259 and reads:

 if (emulator == "kvm")
 {
     file << "\t\t<emulator>/usr/bin/kvm</emulator>" << endl;
 }

TIA

Tiago