[one-users] EC2 API PROBABLY BUGS

Paolo Smiraglia paolo.smiraglia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:55:11 PST 2011

Hi Tino! Sorry for the big delay of the response....

Comments inline.

> Encoding method for AWS.encode [1] is HmacSHA1, am I missing something?

I installed the version of AmazonEC2 ruby-gem 0.9.17. In the file

   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/amazon-ec2-0.9.17/lib/AWS.rb:96

the algorithm used for generating the digest is sha256.

> The EC2QueryServer have to work with different client tools. We found
> out that with API versions 2008-12-01 and 2009-11-30, the port is
> taking into account for the signature, while client tools (hybridfox,
> for instance, that uses boto) that implement other versions doesn't
> include this port.

I'm currently uisng a API version that not includes the port. In order
to have things working I modified the file

   $ONE_LOCATION/lib/ruby/cloud/econe/EC2QueryServer.rb:267

replacing the upper bound of the date interval to 2010-08-31.

Best regards,

   PAOLO

--
PAOLO SMIRAGLIA