[one-users] managing images

anoop Lekshmanan anpl1980 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 03:16:30 PST 2011

Thanks Daniel.

I have Xen installed and XenDom0 running on a node and I have successfully
connected to the Node.

  ID NAME              CLUSTER  RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM    FMEM
STAT
   0 node-0                 default        0        400      395
400        7.9G      1024K  off
   1 node1                  default        0        400      398     400
    7.9G      7.2G   on

I have created an image template of CentOS DVD ISO:
NAME          = "CentOS 5.5 Base"
PATH          = /opt/cloud/one/images/CentOS-5.5-x86_64-bin-DVD-1of2.iso
PUBLIC        = YES
DESCRIPTION   = "CentOS 5.5 for testing"

Then registered the template and oneimage lsited it:

 oneimage list
  ID     USER                 NAME TYPE              REGTIME PUB PER STAT
#VMS
   1 oneadmin      CentOS 5.5 Base   OS   Jan 31, 2011 11:14 Yes  No
rdy     0

I have created vnet using onevnet with name LAN2.

Now I am trying to start a VM on the node using this image.

I have created the vm template as:

CPU    = 1
MEMORY = 2056

DISK = [ image  = "CentOS 5.5 Base" ]

DISK = [ type   = swap,
         size   = 3072 ]

#swap of 3 GB
DISK = [ type   = swap,
         size   = 3072 ]
#/ root file system of 10 GB

DISK = [ TYPE   = fs,
         SIZE   = 10240,
         FORMAT = ext3,
         SAVE   = yes,
         TARGET = ? ]
NIC    = [ NETWORK = "LAN2" ]

GRAPHICS = [type="vnc",listen="0.0.0.0",port="1"]

What could be the Target, I have /vm on hda3 ( not a separate partition but
/ of my Xen Host)
I am trying to have a 10 GB / mount and 3 GB swap space. How can I set the
rest  like kernel etc....

I have no idea how to create the disk,  I have no separate partitions for
Xen guest, partitions I have are / /boot and swap. I have a /vm directory
for keeping Guests.  Should I re-instal the machine with separate /vm
partition?

I am stuck on this for some time. It would be great if some one can help me.

Thanks,
Anoop