[one-users] [Help] How to reboot a VM when the VM crashes?

Hutson Betts hut101 at tamu.edu
Thu Dec 22 10:35:16 PST 2011

To force a hypervisor-level restart, the following command should
suffice:
onevm restart [VMID]

As per the documentation:
"restart: Forces the hypervisor boot action of a VM stuck in UNKNOWN or
BOOT state."

You can reference the diagram on:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:vm_guide_2
Which shows several transitional lines marked "restart".

Here's output after I 'restarted' a VM in the UNKNOWN state. I copied
only those lines mentioning my VM (VMID=20):
Thu Dec 22 12:31:23 2011 [DiM][D]: Restarting VM 20
Thu Dec 22 12:31:25 2011 [ReM][D]: VirtualMachinePoolInfo method invoked
Thu Dec 22 12:31:25 2011 [AuM][D]: Message received: LOG I 13696
ExitCode: 0
Thu Dec 22 12:31:26 2011 [VMM][D]: Message received: DEPLOY SUCCESS 20
one-20
Thu Dec 22 12:31:28 2011 [HKM][D]: Message received: EXECUTE SUCCESS 20
firewall

--
Hutson Betts
Computer Science and Engineering