[one-users] [Help] How to reboot a VM when the VM crashes?

Hutson Betts hut101 at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 21 20:29:23 PST 2011

Actually, the SHUTDOWN command, for both OCCI and ONE, is equivalent to
pressing the power button on a computer, and once it's off, taking the
hard drive and smashing it with a hammer.

SHUTDOWN deletes the disk image, and transitions the VM to the DONE
state. I would like to keep a VM, and it's files around, after I've
issued a shutdown command.

It's only after requesting DELETE that I would want the VM to be
completely removed.

As for the restart, you are correct. You can only force a
hypervisor-level restart if the VM is in either the BOOT state or
UNKNOWN state.

--
Hutson Betts
Computer Science and Engineering