[one-users] application integration (service publishing) in OpenNebula?

biro lehel lehel.biro at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 00:54:41 PST 2011

Hello Fabian. Thanks again for your reply. I really appreciate you for taking the time.

I read what you wrote a couple of times, and (I think) it helped me to clarify some things. But still, I have a few questions and issues for which I am looking for a clear answer. I put them in bullets:

As I understand so far, OpenNebula has two types of users: the administrator, who basically has control over "everything", and the users, who can authenticate securely, instantiate some VM's, and do the work necessary for them. My question: can OpenNebula have another "layer" of users, some kind of "end-users"? What I mean is: suppose I, as a user of OpenNebula, using my created VM's, create a Web Service, which I publish on the Internet. Can anyone access this (someone who has no idea about the private cloud, someone who is simply accessing the URL), and by this way uses my Web Service (created on the VM's by the means of OpenNebula), so, basically, uses OpenNebula "remotely" (without knowing it)? Or this just doesn't make sense, since the whole idea of a private cloud is not to provide/publish information and services to the outside world, and this is not even possible since the virtual context?Are the most important reasons for installing OpenNebula
 the performance needs? Is there any other reason because of which I may want to install it, besides the fact that I might need multiple VM's (that I can manage) to perform a task (and to achieve platform interoperability)? I mean this has be the main point of it, right?When the load reaches its maximum (on a task which a user tries to perform on OpenNebula VM's), are new VM's created automatically (it the physical resources allow this) to support the performace needs? Or the only way of creating VM's is the "manual" one?Can OpenNebula be installed on any type of physical network, or does it have some special needs? Suppose I have an intranet in a company environment, with more interconnected physical machine that I'm actually going to use, does this change anything? Do I have to set up a separate physical network for the physical machines that I'm planning to include in the private cloud?

That's it for now, I don't want to ask for too much information all at once.:) I really hope that these questions are easy-to-answer for a professional, and will not take much time (for you Fabian, or for anyone else who thinks that can help me).

Thank you, and waiting for your response,
Biro Lehel.