[one-users] [Question] What's the purpose of Shutdown operation?

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Dec 14 09:50:40 PST 2011

Hi,

A VM in the SHUTDOWN state is waiting for the OS to gracefully shutdown.
The VM life-cycle ends when the VM reaches the DONE state.

To boot the same guest machine again, just create another instance of its
template (onetemplate instantiate).

More information on the VM life-cycle:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:vm_guide
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:vm_guide_2