[one-users] Creating virtual machines from scratch

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Dec 14 02:34:11 PST 2011

Hi,

You can also create an empty image with a template similar to this one (see
[1] for more info):

NAME          = new_img
TYPE          = DATABLOCK
SIZE          = 512000
FSTYPE        = ext3

Or create an empty disk instead, as explained in [2].

You can change the boot device with the OS/BOOT attribute, see [3].
Regarding your last question, "Do I really have to delete and recreate it?",
you can change the template with the command 'onetemplate update', and the

Regards.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:img_template
[2]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:template#declaring_the_disk_type