[one-users] Load virsh saved machine in nebula?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Dec 13 14:00:52 PST 2011

Hi,

Yes there is no a direct way... first you need a VM defined within
Opennebula. So I would create a fake VM using the same attributes as
you saved VM. Then you can stop the fake VM from Opennebula and
overwrite the chekpoint and disk.0 files with your saved state and
disk. Finally you should be aviable to resume the VM (onevm resume)
with your saved state....

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ruben

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Trevor Bain <bainx028 at umn.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I save some running machines e.g. "virsh save machine" into state files.
>
> Is there a way to run the machine from the state file (on the nebula side)?
>
> Or, do I need to reload them via virsh and save them as shutdown disks?
>
> Thanks,
> Trevor

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
OpenNebula - The Open Source Toolkit for Data Center Virtualization