[one-users] application integration (service publishing) in OpenNebula?

biro lehel lehel.biro at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 05:33:07 PST 2011

Hello again.

Does this application which you would like to offer to clients already exist, or is this something you are developing?

As far as I understand it, you would like to create something like Google Apps and then offer it to potential customers, right?

Yes, it is something that we're developing. And we are looking for a way for it to be "publishable" (if there are some special settings or criteria for such an application to be run inside the cloud). It will
not be a business solution though, we are only doing some experimental
research.Not directly, but through the setup with pre-installed VMs which could be started on an as needed basis. But in this VMs your "(cloud) application" needs to be installed and able to run.
This is what I've been referring to. I will have OpenNebula set up, and (as common sense would tell) I will have my application installed on the created VM's. My question only referred to: how can I install an application on these VM's (should I only just copy it, or is it more complex than this), or stuff like: can the different tiers of the application (interface, business logic, and data repository) be on different VM's, but most importantly: how can an end-user (not the administrator, but a potencial client) use the application? Or there is no such thing as the "end-user / client" concept in OpenNebula, since the only user is the administrator who has control over the infrastructure? If OpenNebula provides IaaS support, I suppose this means that he does not have control over the application only as a service, but rather he, as the admin, has control over the whole "physical" application?

Thanks,

Lehel