[one-users] application integration (service publishing) in OpenNebula?

biro lehel lehel.biro at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 00:42:19 PST 2011

Hello Fabian. First of all, thanks for your answer.

So, are you telling me, that there is no way for an application to exploit the advantages of OpenNebula? What is the use of it then? :)
Basically, all I want to do is the following: when I will have OpenNebula set up and running (on a small scale), I will try to experiment and exemplify its benefits, by the means of an application that uses the private cloud. Tests, performance benefits, see how the nodes communicate, etc. But I don't understand exactly how a web application (for instance) is made and written such that it can use OpenNebula, it can exploit the benefits of the running VM's, so that it can be more performant. How is this whole integration done? How can an application make use of OpenNebula? Couldn't it be "published" somehow, such that its final users (clients) could use it as a service (through OpenNebula), in a way that is totally transparent to them? I think what I'm referring to is exactly this "communication with the outside world" that you were writing about.

I hope I will get some enlightening.
Thank you,

Lehel.