[one-users] create image vm

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Wed Dec 7 11:49:22 PST 2011

Hello Dian

On 07.12.2011 20:02, Dian Djaelani wrote:
> ow sory i not have sever with GUI
> ok thanks for advise
> i want tray install ubuntu with gui for manage my VM

Ah, I probably missed to tell, that qemu-system-x86_64 listen
only on localhost for VNC. But you do not need GUI on the server.

I do not know about your workstation, but from my Mac client I
use Chicken [1], which supports connection through ssh. I guess
there is a VNC client for the OS of your workstation available
which also can do this. Else you could run it with manual ssh
forwarding like this:
ssh -L localhost:5900:localhost:5907 <server-with-KVM>
replace 5907 with the port which qemu-system-x86_64 as reported
and then use the local VNC client to connect to localhost port 5900.

   [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/chicken/

bye
Fabian