[one-users] novnc problem

davood ghatreh davood.gh2000 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 02:47:02 PST 2011

Hi Dian,

you can troubleshoot this problem easily.

First of all, read documents about setting up noVNC in opennebula website.
After making sure that you ran scripts without any problem, check to see if
there is any noVNC running in the server:

one the oned node (OpenNebula server), run this:

ps aux |grep VNC

you should see something like this:

oneadmin 24346  0.0  0.2 249764 10632 ?        S    21:19   0:00 python
/usr/share/one/noVNC/utils/wsproxy.py *35784 yourMTSname*:*5908*

it means that theres a port forwarding service which forwards request for
VNC to *yourMTSname*:*5908* which hosts you vm. if this is running, you
need to see if the destination(*yourMTSname*:*5908)* replies or not. to do
so, simply run a telnet in oned server:

telnet *yourMTSname **5908*

it should reply something like this

Trying 192.168.0.4...
Connected to mts4.ircloud.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
RFB 003.008

if it doesn't, check your firewalls and also, check the server which host
your vm to see if it listen to that port or not:

netstat -antpe |grep *5908*

These steps was just to troubleshoot, and you can find where the problem
is.

Thanks
Davood