[one-users] Instantiating Multiple VMs from Template with Name

Stefan Dietrich stefan.dietrich at desy.de
Mon Dec 12 05:49:31 PST 2011

Hi,

I`m running an OpenNebula 3.0 installation build from source on
Scientific Linux 6.1 x64.
I have a problem instantiating multiple VMs from a template with the
name set:

1) Instantiating multiple VMs from templates within Sunstone adds a
number after the name of the VM, e.g. 'test_01', 'test_02', 'test_03'.
Is it possible to change the suffix from the underscore to a normal dash
(test_01 -> test-01)?

2) If I try to instantiate multiple VMs from CMD line with 'onetemplate
instantiate 3 -m 2 -n test' every VM gets the name 'test' and not
'test_01', 'test_02'.
This behaviour differs from Sunstone, which I had not expected.
Is this a bug or a feature?

I hope somebody has a solution for this :)

Regards,
Stefan