[one-users] Scheduler and required memory/cpu

Tomáš Nechutný nechtom at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 03:09:02 PST 2011

Hello,

My computer has 4GB of physical RAM (+swap). This computer is also
only OpenNebula host. I created 3 VMs with 2GB specified in template
(without REQUIREMENTS). However the scheduler deploys only 1 VM. This
page http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Memory sates:

> The qemu/kvm process runs mostly like a normal Linux program. It allocates its memory with normal malloc() or mmap() calls. If a guest is going to have 1GB of physical memory, qemu/kvm will effectively do a malloc(1<<30), allocating 1GB of host virtual space. However, just like a normal program doing a malloc(), there is no actual physical memory allocated at the time of the malloc(). It will not be actually allocated until the first time it is touched.

I think that it should be possible when there is no ohter host.

This is probably related to http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/846.

--
Tomáš Nechutný