[one-users] modifying a virtual machine resources

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Tue Dec 6 10:50:04 PST 2011

Hello Davood

On 29.11.2011 23:23, davood ghatreh wrote:
> Does anyone know how to managea virtual machine resources? consider that I
> create a vps with one CPU, and after a wile,  i decide to increase its
> CPU's to two. Is it possible in OpenNebula? i dont want to re-deploy ma
> machine, and dont want to loose any file of existing virtual machine in
> this process.

As far as I know, it is not possible. You need to shutdown the
VM, modify the template an recreate the VM again. It is like with
real hardware, if you need to change something, you need to
shutdown, do the modification and boot up again.

If you need to be able to modify a VM without loosing anything,
you should use persistent images out of the Image Repository.

bye
Fabian