[one-users] Problem with persistent image

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Sun Dec 4 13:16:15 PST 2011

Hi

This is the expected behavior for persistent images.

Delete executes (at the TM level) a delete operation that just removes the
VM home in the target host, but it does not copy back any file. So the
image manger fails to move the image back to the repo. In this case you
should wait for the shutdown operation.

If shutdown fails (e.g. no ACPI in the VM) and you have to delete the VM,
you need to enable the image (oneimage enable) once you are sure that there
are no problems with the image. (Note that in a shared FS, you have
destoyed the OS and the image in the repo may need a fsck, where the next
boot will stuck...)

Regarding the operations in a shared repository + VM_DIR, you are right.
There are not actual move of images, only symbolic links. For a save_as
there is a copy from the original image to the new one.

Cheers

Ruben