[one-users] Disk image type not propagated by saveas

Robert Parrott parrott at seas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 22 07:49:08 PDT 2011

Hi Tino,

I've discovered both of this points, so have a workaround:

(1) default disk type "qcow2"
(2) modify template for any raw disk images

However, I think I would still consider this a defect in ONE.  The
disk type is vital metadata for using the disk image, and needs to be
propagated along with location and other data from the running VM
instance to to the image manager when the "saveas" command is issued.
Otherwise the "DRIVER" metadata is missing from the image template,
and there's no information about how to use the image; one would have
to guess at the image type without prior knowledge ( as I did).

Thanks,
Rob