[one-users] hooks execution on remote nodes without shared ONE installation dir

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:03:11 PDT 2011

Tino Vazquez wrote on 18/08/11 19:27:
> Hi there,
Hi Tino,

> The scripts are copied to /var/lib/one/remotes in the CNs, no shared
> directories are needed.
For some reason the hooks scripts are not copied to CNs in
/var/lib/one/remotes in my OpenNebula setup.
The 'onehost sync' command was executed on ONE FN, a several monitoring
cycles passed, $SCRIPTS_REMOTE_DIR was updated but no hooks scripts
appears in /var/lib/one/remotes on CNs and there are no errors in oned.log.
Is it possible to define a destination dir for hooks on CNs (e.g.
$SCRIPTS_REMOTE_DIR/hooks)? Is it configurable at all?
It is not clear for me how /var/lib/one/remotes dir can appear on CNs if
only root has a write permission on /var/lib:
$ su - oneadmin
[oneadmin]$ mkdir /var/lib/one
mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/lib/one': Permission denied
[oneadmin]$ ll /var/|grep lib
drwxr-xr-x 25 root root 4096 May 11 15:58 lib

Regards,
Nikolay.