[one-users] [Beta 3.0] Sunstone-Server error on starting

Christoph Raible c.raible at science-computing.de
Tue Aug 2 04:36:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

now I tried with two VMs on the same host,  but I can ping from VM to VM
... This looks like the Hook doesn't work.

I also have a talk to some IPTABLE experts they think that this isn't
working because the ICMP "drop" is based on Network Layer 3 and IPTABLES
is working on Layer 2...

They said that it will make sense when it is integrated into EBTABLES
but not in IPTABLES.

Next issue on this is, when I restart the Cluster-Node / Host-Node or
IPTABLES-Service all rules are "deleted" this is very ugly...

There should be a mechanism to integrate those rules by starting one
(maybe out from database) or something else!

Hope you understand what I mean ;)

Regards,
Christoph

Am 01.08.2011 17:33, schrieb Jaime Melis:
> [...]
>                 [3], which will try to install all the ruby gems for you
>         in their
>                 correct versions.
>
>                 For Scientific linux, this means however that you will
>         need to
>                 install
>                 the packages listed in the doc manually before the
>         script can
>                 proceed to
>                 install the gems.
>
>                 Don't hesitate to write back if you have more questions,
>
>                 Hector
>
>                 [1]
>         http://opennebula.org/____documentation:rel3.0:acctd_____conf#requirements_installation
>         <http://opennebula.org/__documentation:rel3.0:acctd___conf#requirements_installation>
>         <http://opennebula.org/__documentation:rel3.0:acctd___conf#requirements_installation
>         <http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:acctd_conf#requirements_installation>__>
>
>                 [2]
>         http://opennebula.org/____documentation:rel3.0:sunstone#____requirements_installation
>         <http://opennebula.org/__documentation:rel3.0:sunstone#__requirements_installation>
>         <http://opennebula.org/__documentation:rel3.0:sunstone#__requirements_installation
>         <http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:sunstone#requirements_installation>>
>
>                 [3]
>         http://opennebula.org/____documentation:rel3.0:ignc#____ruby_libraries_requirements_____front-end
>         <http://opennebula.org/__documentation:rel3.0:ignc#__ruby_libraries_requirements___front-end>
>         <http://opennebula.org/__documentation:rel3.0:ignc#__ruby_libraries_requirements___front-end
>         <http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:ignc#ruby_libraries_requirements_front-end>>
>

>                 El 27/07/11 10:21, Christoph Raible escribió:
>
>                     Hi @all,
>
>                     I got the following error on Starting
>         sunstone-server with
>                     OpenNebula 3.0 Beta1.
>
>         http://pastebin.com/SdBJZSc5
>

>                     My System is a 64-Bit Scientific Linux 6.0
>                     Selinux  disabled
>                     iptables disabled
>                     One networkinterface as bridge
>

>                     Following Gems are installed:
>                        daemons (1.1.4)
>                        eventmachine (0.12.10)
>                        json (1.5.3)
>                        mkrf (0.2.3)
>                        nokogiri (1.5.0)
>                        rack (1.3.2)
>                        rake (0.9.2, 0.8.7)
>                        sinatra (1.2.6)
>                        thin (1.2.11)
>                        tilt (1.3.2)
>
>                     and my sunstone-server.conf is configured so:
>
>         http://pastebin.com/4bjn1bqX
>

>                     I hope someone can help me with my problem...
>                     I need the Sunstone server for an article in the
>         linux-admin
>                     magazin
>                     (Germany ;)  )
>

>                     Regards
>                     Chr.Raible
>

>             Hi Thanks for your help.
>
>             With those informations and all gems, sunstone and
now I tried with two VMs  but i can also ping from VM to VM ...

I also have a talk to some IPTABLES experts they think that this isn't
working because  the ICMP package is on Network Layer 3 and IPTABLES is
working on Layer 2... This would not be make sense...