[one-users] Some feedback on the 3.0 Beta: Please keep ad-hoc templates for VMs

Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au
Wed Aug 3 17:23:03 PDT 2011

Hi,

Some very interesting and exciting new features. Some initial feedback on just reading the documentation (didn't get around to actually trying it yet):

Please keep the option to have ad-hoc templates. Not being able to dynamically create templates will break a lot of my current work (and force me to rewrite my code to register tons of templates that nobody will every use again).

Also, please add more detail to http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:api:
It is currently very hard to understand what the parameters for some of the  calls are, e.g. for one.vm.allocate. I assume it is not only session id and image template.
Does one.vm.savedisk really still take the image name? I thought everything was moved to ID.
Is the  section headline "Common Methods" to be taken literally (as in there are also others)?  If yes, please  have an additional page where all methods are listed.

Generally it would be great if OpenNebula could become a bit more community oriented in the sense that upcoming planned changes are announced early and put up for discussion. The current situation of being at the same time excited and scared of every new version because I don't know what it may break next it not ideal :(.

Carsten

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC528B.F063B5E0]<http://www.csiro.au/>

Carsten Friedrich
Research Team leader
ICT Centre, GPO Box 664,Canberra, ACT 2601
Phone: +61 2 6216 7019
Email: Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au<mailto:Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au>
Web:   http://www.csiro.au/org/ICT.html