[one-users] OpenNebula SelfManaged User interface

Rasika Karunathilaka rasika.karunathilaka at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 22:23:54 PDT 2011

Hi Team,

 Does open nebula has a user interface apart from Sunstone, which provide self managed features as in EC2. I need following to be done by the private cloud users, that is
    whenever they need a new machine,
        * They login to OpenNebula interface and select the operating system (It can be Window, RedHat or CentOS)  which they need and select the Memory and CPU Power, then just by clicking single link or button machine get created to them and they could access it.
        My users won't know on which machine that he is going to deploy or to select whatever machine which has less load. Further, he might not be a technical person to understand and create current template, he might just know OS name and following quick easy step he should be able to deploy and get what he needs. Does open nebula has the capability to look at the current setup (Network , hosts, disk space) and figure out on which machine to deploy. (Self Manageability)

    OpenNebula is giving fantastic features and I really enjoyed it. if there is self managed user interface that will be great to have! Please let me know where to look for...

Best regards,
Rasika K