[one-users] Help in understanding oneimage

Adnan Pasic pqado at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 1 06:39:10 PDT 2011

Hello,
I hope you don't mind this newbie-question, but somehow I can't really understand the use of creating images with the oneimage command and the documentation somehow misses this one sentence that would explain to me the real use. Do you need those images in order to be able to save the changes to a virtual machine made by a user? Obviously, opennebula works also without these images perfectly - you just can't save any changes made to the VM.

If this is the case, could this be the reason why a cold migration doesn't work as expected (since the VM needs first to be saved when performing such a migration) and why I lose the connectivity to my VM? means I can't ping it anymore after the migration.

If the answer is that you really need to create an image, then I am going to have a more specific question regarding oneimage, because I somehow can't make it work as it always throws a strange error....

Thanks!