[one-users] running vms appears as suspended

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Mon Aug 1 03:20:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

If I understood correctly, you are suspending the VM directly from the
hypervisor, not using "onevm suspend".
OpenNebula assumes the exclusive management of the VM life-cycle, so
when it detects that the VM state changed from running to suspended
without knowing how, it stops monitoring that VM, assuming something
really bad happened.

The easiest solution for your use case is to suspend and resume the VM
using OpenNebula (onevm suspend; onevm resume).

Regards.
--
Carlos Martín, MSc
Project Major Contributor