[one-users] OpenNebula 2.2 not respecting network range?

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Wed Apr 27 13:49:00 PDT 2011

Yes the design was to define a network address as base for the ranged
network  rather than a starting IP....  I'm afraid that the only thing you
can do is generate a network template of type FIXED with all the 200 leases
you want. This can be easily done programatically, though.

Maybe it is a good idea to add a STARTING_IP attribute for the RANGED
networks...

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu
> wrote:

> > The NETWORK_SIZE is used to compute the network mask for 202 addresses
> > (including network and broadcast)
>
> Interesting.  The documentation says:
>
> - NETWORK_ADDRESS: Base network address to generate IP addresses
> - NETWORK_SIZE: Number of hosts that can be connected using this
> network. It can be defined either using a number or a network class (B
> or C).
>
> This suggests to me that ONE starts allocating addresses at
> NETWORK_ADDRESS and continues up to NETWORK_ADDRESS + NETWORK_SIZE.
> Since this isn't the case...how do I define a /24 network in which the
> first N addresses are not available?  In my situation, .1 - .10 are
> reserved by the network operations group.  Is my only solution to
> manually create leases using the "onevnet addlease" command?  Is there
> a way to automate this when a new network is created?  Because I will
> need this behavior for every network I create, regardless of the size
> of the network.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>
> Senior Technologist
> Harvard University SEAS
> Academic and Research Computing (ARC)

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid