[one-users] OpenNebula 2.2 not respecting network range?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 27 09:27:49 PDT 2011

> The NETWORK_SIZE is used to compute the network mask for 202 addresses
> (including network and broadcast)

Interesting.  The documentation says:

- NETWORK_ADDRESS: Base network address to generate IP addresses
- NETWORK_SIZE: Number of hosts that can be connected using this
network. It can be defined either using a number or a network class (B
or C).

This suggests to me that ONE starts allocating addresses at
NETWORK_ADDRESS and continues up to NETWORK_ADDRESS + NETWORK_SIZE.
Since this isn't the case...how do I define a /24 network in which the
first N addresses are not available?  In my situation, .1 - .10 are
reserved by the network operations group.  Is my only solution to
manually create leases using the "onevnet addlease" command?  Is there
a way to automate this when a new network is created?  Because I will
need this behavior for every network I create, regardless of the size
of the network.

Thanks,

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>