[one-users] Ganglia reports

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:22:41 PDT 2011

Yikes! I've misreaded the email. The VM information is not directly
parseable by ganglia so it cannot be used to draw graphics or to get
notifications on VM activity. There are two ways to add VM information
from my point of view, one is to create a virtual ganglia host per VM
and add the information there (I see it a bit hackish but maybe the
cleanest). The other is to create new parameters per VM/monitoring
value pair in the physical host it is running it, something like
OPENNEBULA_VM_85_CPU, OPENNEBULA_VM_85_FREEMEMORY and so on. I see
this technique ugly and non scalable.

Do you see any other way to do this?

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher