[one-users] Extending a vnet?

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Tue Apr 26 14:28:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

Yes

1.- stop oned
2.- back-up the DB
3.- The SQL statement to add lease should be

INSERT INTO leases (oid,ip,mac_prefix,mac_suffix,vid,used) VALUES (...)

to fill the values ... you should know

oid = is the network id
ip = is the ip in integer format
mac_prefix = are the first 16bit of the ether addr (int)
mac_suffix = are the lower 32bits of the ether addr (int)
vid = -1 (this will store the id of the VM using this lease)
used = 0

You can infer the values of ip, mac_prefix, mac_suffix by looking at the
current values of the leases table for the target network...

NOTE: did not try this myself...

Cheers

Ruben
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

> It looks like the entry in the table is just an xml-encoded template,
> is that right?  With one update statement to the network_pool table, will
> that do it?  Probably should stop the oned while we do this caper?
>
> Steve Timm
>

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> That feature is in OpenNebula 2.2, the only thing that could be done in
>> 2.0
>> is directly modify the DB...
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ruben
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:
>>

>>> I have a vnet which currently has 26 static ip's in it, all used.
>>> I would like to extend the number of ip's in this vnet without
>>> having to stop the 26 running VM's that are currently using
>>> the first 26 ip's.  Can this be done in opennebula 2.0, and if so, how?
>>>
>>> Steve Timm
>>>

>>> --

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid