[one-users] Using Opennebula with a uncommon Xen-configuration

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Apr 18 02:03:43 PDT 2011

Hi Andreas,

it seems that you have a similar use case as CERN does. Take a look at these
links to see if this is what you're looking for:

The storage setup is explained here: http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=620
A preliminary version of the TM drivers:
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/FIOgroup/OpenNebula
and http://opennebula.org/software:ecosystem:scp-wave

Regards,
Jaime

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Andreas <yoss at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since i hear a  speech from Tino Vazquez on the OSDC in Germany (which was
> really good), im very interested in opennebula.
> After reading documentation und testing some parts there seems to be a
> problem
> with our uncommon Xen-configuration.
>
> We have no central storage for the images. The images are copied over ssh
> the hosts (Dom0).
> Our DomUs based on LVM-partitions, which are directly mounted in the DomU.
> They appear as a partition and not as a disk in the DomU.
> The disk configuration for a DomU is like following:
>
>  'phy:/dev/system/helios-1_root,hda1,w'
>
> To save a DomU we mount the LVM-Partition in the Dom0 and make a
> tar-archive
> of the files and directories in the partition. A copy of the kernel and the
> initrd  is provided in the Dom0 to start the DomU with the Xen-bootloader.
>
> Does support Opennebula such a type of configuration and if not, how
> difficult
> it is to adjust it? Where i must start, if i want integrate these
> configuration?
>

> Thanks,
> Andreas

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
Major Contributor
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org